Copying ALL of your Course Content from One Course to Another Course
The Import/Export/Copy Components tool is an essential tool that will be used by any faculty member who uses the MyCourses system. These steps will copy an entire course into another shell. Make sure that there is no other content in the shell, to begin with. This process will NOT overwrite any content.
IMPORTANT: Make absolutely certain that you are in your empty course shell before proceeding with the following. This will not replace any content that is already in your shell. The shell must be absolutely empty before you complete this process.
- Start in the course shell that needs content copied into it.
- Click Course Content on the Navbar and verify that there is no content in the course shell.
- From the Navbar, click More and then select Edit Course.
- On the Edit Course menu, Select Import/Export/Copy Content (on the right side of screen).
- On the page of copy options, the default option selected (Copy Components from another Org Unit) is correct, do not change it.
- Click on the grey Search for Offering button to look up the course you are copying content from.
- A pop up window will open where you will enter the course prefix and number, a space, then the term code (EX: PHI1600 0590). You can also search using the section number (EX: PHI1600 1644).
- Once you enter the information for the class you are copying content from, click the Search button.
- The search results will appear below the seach bar in that same window.
- Locate the correct course you wish to copy content from, then click on the radio button next to that course title.
- Click Add Selected. The pop up window will close.
The course will be displayed under Course to Copy on the Import/Export/Copy page.
- On the bottom of this page, click the blue Copy All Components button.
- When the course copy is complete, you will see a green checkmark.
If you do not recieve a green check mark after the process, reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.
NOTE THAT COPYING CONTENT AGAIN WILL NOT REPLACE THE CONTENT IN YOUR COURSE, IT WILL ADD AN ADDITIONAL SET OF CONTENT.