Copying a Module from One Course to Another
The Import/Export/Copy Components tool is an essential tool that will be used by any faculty member who uses the MyCourses system. This tutorial will guide you on how to copy pieces of content from one course into another course.
*IMPORTANT - Make absolutely certain you are in the course shell where you wish to copy the module to before proceeding with the following.
- Click on the Course Content tab in the Navigation bar
- Click on Table of Contents
- Click on Import Course
- Click on Copy Existing Course
- Click on the Course to Copy: Search for offering button
- The select Course Offering screen will appear
- In the Search for textbox, type keywords for the course you want to copy the module from. This can include the name and section number of the course.
- Click on the search icon , or press the Enter key on your keyboard
- Click on the radio button , to the left of the name of the course you would like to copy from
- Click on Add Selected
- Click on Select Components **DO NOT CLICK COPY ALL COMPONENTS**
- You will now see a list of course components that you can copy from. Click on the checkbox next to the Content that you would like to copy, or you can select individual items to copy by clicking Select individual items to copy (Leave the include associated files box checked)
- If your module contains Quizzes, Discussions, or Dropboxes, click the checkboxes next to Quizzes, Discussions and Dropboxes