Releasing the Grade to Submit to MySPC
Final grades for each course are submitted through the Faculty Tools area on the Course Home page in that course.
This tutorial reviews the 4-step process for submitting your students' final letter grades to SPC's enrollment and student information system (MySPC).
**NOTE: Make sure to use Mozilla Firefox or Google Chrome.**
Check out this 2-minute video Guide on Submitting Final Grades
Pause, resume or rewind as needed!
- Starting in the course you are going to submit grades for, click Course Home on the Navbar
- Faculty Tools may take a moment to load but will appear on your Course Home page
- Once the tabs load, click the Submit Final Grades tab on the Faculty Toolbar
- The final grades window will appear beneath the Submit final grades tab
- Click continue in the bottom right corner
- Step 1: Assignment Check
The system will check for any ungraded items grade items for all students. A list will appear of ungraded items for each student.
- If there are no missing grades, press continue
- If there are ungraded items, you can either click Add Grades or select to leave the assignments ungraded.
-Selecting that you intend to leave the assignments ungrades means they will be excluded from the final grade calculation for those students.
- Step 2: Grade Scheme Check
If your course has a grade scheme slected, it will appear at to the top of the list in blue.
- Verify that the grade scheme is correct, or select different one from the list
- NOTE: Most courses use the FINAL APPROVED ONLY, (Scheme 1) grade scheme.
- Please check with your department if you are unclear about which Grade Scheme to select for your course.
- Click the blue Next Step button once you have selected or confirmed the correct Grade Scheme
- Step 3: Transfer Final Grades
- Review the grades present in the Overall Final Grades column for your students to ensure they are correct
- Once ready, click the blue Transfer Grades button
- Click Yes on the confirmation page
- Click Save and Close on the grade book page once the grades have transferred to the Grade to submit to SPC column
- You will see a grades summary chart of the letter grades in your course, you can download or print this summary
- You have one more chance to edit your final grades on this page if desired
- You can use the tool at the bottom of the page to display a list of students who are on the cusp of receiving the next higher grade
- Step 4: Confirm and Submit
- Click the checkbox to confirm you are ready to submit.
- Click Submit Final Grades
- You will see the dancing faculty cartoon and know your submission has been successful! Your grades will be visible in your MySPC Faculty Area in 10 minutes.