Set the Time Limit, Enforce Time Limit, and Set Late Behavior on Quizzes
If you are looking to create a more restricted quiz, time limits are the way to go. This tutorial will go over how to set time limits, how to enforce and how to set late behavior.
- Click on Submission Review on the Navbar
- Click on Quizzes
- Click on the Name of the Quiz you wish to edit
- Click on Restrictions
- Under Timing, enter in the number of minutes you would like to set the quiz for
- To set the quiz to be enforced, click on the radio button (If you choose Recommended Time Limit, you will need to enter a time, but students will be able to continue with the quiz after the time expires)
- To set late behavior, under timing, when you select Enforced time limit you will see three options Allow the student the continue working- you will see the word late next to the submission but the submission will be scored normally Prevent the student from making further changes- the student will be notified when the time has expired and will prompt to submit the quiz. The student is unable to make any further selections on the quiz but can close without submitting. This option is similar to auto-submit and is the most commonly used. Allow the student to continue working, but automatically score the attempt as zero after an extended deadline- once the time expires and the grace period expires, the student automatically receives a 0 on the quiz. The faculty can go in and change the grade manually once the student submits.
- Click on Save and Close