There are a number of email settings that can make your experience using the email tool a better one. For example, you can track emails you send to your students to know that they have read the message. You set these settings once and never have to worry about them again.
- Click on the Mail Alert on the Minibar
- Click on Email
- Click on Settings
There are three settings areas: Email, Display, and Forwarding Options. In each of these areas, some of the settings are checked by default. Please leave as set. The information below will highlight some of the settings in each other that you may wish to turn on.
- Email Options:
- Track Activity for messages sent to an internal email address; This will allow you to view when a student has read a message
- Send a copy of each outgoing message to: This is checked by default. This means every message you send within your MyCourses email will also be sent to your SPC email.
- Email Signature: Add a signature that will be displayed when you compose or reply to an email.
- Display Options- The settings for display options are optimized for MyCourses. There is no need to make any changes.
- Forwarding Options- Forward incoming messages to an alternate email account. This will allow you to send each email to another email address.
- Type in an alternate email account
- Choose one of the following options:
- Forward and delete from the inbox folder - Not Recommended. This will delete your emails.
- Forward and Mark Unread in the Inbox Folder
- Forward and Mark Read in the Inbox Folder
Click Save after you have chosen your settings