Finding and Sharing Your Zoom Recordings
This tutorial will provide steps for locating links to your Zoom Recordings, either through MyCourses or your Zoom account on the web.
STORAGE: Zoom Cloud recordings are available to share and download for six months after the recording was created. After six months, they are automatically moved to the trash bin. Recordings that will be needed for several semesters should be uploaded to YouTube or Ensemble.
Locating and Sharing Recordings from MyCourses
If you have used the Zoom integration in MyCourses to host your Zoom meetings, you can access and download your Zoom Cloud recordings from the same area.
IMPORTANT: If you use the Zoom integration within MyCourses and record your course meeting to the Zoom Cloud, students will automatically have access to recording once it completes processing. They can access the recording from the Zoom integration link -> Cloud Recordings as well. If you do not want students to access the recording, you will need to create the meeting in your Zoom account.
- Navigate to the course where the Zoom meeting took place.
- Click on the Course Content tab.
- Locate and click on the Zoom Web Conferencing link (i.e. this is the link you and your students use to access the Zoom meetings)
- Click the Cloud Recordings tab.
- Click on the title of the recording you would like to download.
- You will have two options:
a. Recording - includes the full recording with audio
b. Audio-Only - inlcudes only the audio
7. Click Share under Recording.
8. Click Copy to copy the link to your clipboard
9. Paste the link as needed (i.e. into an email, calendar invite, course content, etc.)
Locating and Sharing Recordings from Zoom
If you are scheduling your meetings via the Zoom website, you will need to access your recordings there as well.
- Go to https://zoom.us/
- Click Sign In (top right corner).
- Log in using your SPC college email and password.
- Click Recordings (left hand side of the page).
- Click the title of the meeting you would like to download.
- Click Copy Sharable Link.
- Paste the link as needed (i.e. into an email, calendar invite, course content, etc.).
NOTE: If you would like additional sharing options, such as placing a password on the recording, you can also click Share in the top right of the page.
- Share this recording
- Publicy - means anyone with the link will have access to view the recording
- Only authenticaed users can view - participants are required to log in using their SPC credentials before they will be able to view the recording
- Add expiry date to the link - set an expiration date. The recording will not be viewable after this date
- Viewers can download - enable this option to allow viewers of the video to download copy to their own computer
- Password Protection - when enabled, viewers will need to enter a password to view the video. You must set and provide them with the password