Record a Zoom Meeting
This tutorial will review how to record a Zoom meeting to the zoom cloud after the meeting has already started.
Step-by-Step: Record to the Zoom Cloud
- From the link in your course or your Zoom account, locate and begin your Zoom Meeting.
- Enable Auto Transcription under the Live Transcription setting.
- When you are ready, click the Record button (bottom center of meeting controls).
- Click Record to the Cloud.
- NOTE: The 'Record to your Computer' option is not recommended. You can locate and download the cloud recording from your zoom account if you wish to download locally.
- NOTE: Zoom Cloud storage is limited. All cloud recordings will be moved to the trash bin in your Zoom account 6 months after they are created. If you plan to reuse videos in future semesters, you will want to place them in more permanent video storage sites such as YouTube or Ensemble. If you need assistance, please contact the iTech team at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- NOTE: Once the recording has started, the Record button will change to Pause/Stop options. Use this to temporarily pause the recording, or to stop the recording once the meeting has completed.
5. Once the meeting ends, the video will automatically begin processing in the Zoom Cloud. You will receive an email to your college email account once the video finishes processing. The email will include a link to the video that can be shared with others. You can also locate your recording from your Zoom account by visiting zoom.us and logging in with your SPC email and password.