Schedule a Zoom Meeting
Zoom Video Communications is a company headquartered in San Jose, California that provides remote conferencing services using cloud computing. Zoom offers communications software that combines video conferencing, online meetings, chat, and mobile collaboration. Zoom has now been integrated into MyCourses. This is your solution to really connect with your students. You will need to create an account prior to setting up a meeting.
Note: See our Zoom Training located in our On Demand Trainings.
Note: You will need to complete the 30 min training, to be able to register for an account and begin using Zoom.
Starting Sept. 21, 2020, faculty and students will be able to locate the Zoom link and Zoom student tutorials via the Communicate tab in all courses. At that time, faculty can schedule meetings via this link. Meetings already scheduled using the MyCourses/Zoom integration will automatically appear in this area.
Zoom is built directly into MyCourses. When you are looking to schedule a meeting you will do this directly in your Course Content where you would like your students to access it. Prior to creating a meeting for your students, we recommend practicing using Zoom.
- Click on Course Content.
- Click on the location of where you would like the meeting link to be located. (Note: If you are using Zoom to host weekly course lectures, it is recommended that you recreate a single module in the course content area (i.e. Weekly Zoom Lectures) and place your Zoom links in that area. This will provide a consistent place for students to access each week.)
- Click on Add Existing Activities.
- Click on External Learning Tools.
- Click on Zoom Web Conferencing. You will now see the link in your course. You will still need add date, time, etc.
- Click on the Zoom Web Conferencing link.
- Click on Schedule a New Meeting.
- Enter your preferences listed below and click Save. (Note: When scheduling weekly meetings that are the same time each week, recurring meetings are recommended. This will allow the student to use the same link each week. )
- Topic Title?
- Audio (Keep default, Both)
- Meeting Options?
- You will now see the link for you and your students to access the meeting. You can change the name of the link in your course:
- Click on the drop-down arrow next to Zoom Web Conferencing.
- Click on Edit Properties In-Place.
- Click on the title Zoom Web Conferencing and replace it with your Meeting Title.