Zoom is an application that provides remote web conferencing services. Zoom's communications software combines video conferencing, online meetings, chat, and mobile collaboration. Zoom has been integrated into MyCourses at SPC. You can easily add zoom meeting links to a module in the Course Content area or via the Communicate tab in MyCourses.
To obtain a licenced Zoom account through SPC, new faculty are asked to complete a self-guided, online workshop. You can register and take this workshop in MyCourses via the On Demand Trainings
Additionally, anyone can make a free, basic Zoom account. If you chose to use a basic account to meet with students, please create one with your SPC email.
Faculty should always access Zoom through MyCourses or the Zoom brower application (visit https://spcollege.zoom.us/
), instead of the downloaded desktop app.
Zoom also offers free, ongoing live demos and trainings on their webite.
To explore basic concepts or dive into more targeted topics presented by Zoom professionals, click the link below.
View Free Live Zoom Demos and Tutorials
SPC Zoom Tutorials
- Teaching with Zoom - Recommended Practices
- Your Zoom Profile
- Schedule a Zoom Training
- Join and Configure Audio/Video in Zoom
- Zoom meeting Controls
- Managing Security in a Zoom Meeting
- Reducing Background Noise
- Sharing your Screen in Zoom
- Using PowerPoint as a Virtual Background
- Sharing a Video in Zoom
- Creating Breakout Rooms in Zoom
- Record a Zoom Meeting
- Find and Share Your Recordings
- Track Attendance for Zoom Meetings